Monday, August 17, 2009

A visit from my college roommate

Many of you know that I attended Harding University in Searcy, Arkansas. For those who have made the journey out to HU you will know what a truly special place it is. Harding is an amazing school with a beautiful campus and exceptional Christian education. Searcy itself is unique - the highlight is going to Walmart or the Sonic drive-in (which we did at every occasion, thus, the cherry limeade addiction I still have!). I spent four years on the Harding campus with my roommate, Wendy. We have so many special memories together....Kojies, the garage apartment, the nickname "grandmas" because we both are so cold natured, dance parties with Jenny and Tessa, late night toliet paper raids from the front desk under the close eye of Mrs. Cook, the sunflower girls, many double dates, club functions, campus movies....
Wendy has been such a special friend to me over the years. We recently got to spend the day together at Norris Lake. Her boys are so precious. We spent the day on the boat, letting the boys fish, and reliving the old college days. It was a great day for me!

Grady with his catch

Conley with his big fish

Brantley driving the boat

Lane baiting the hook

Will and Jen on the water

Wendy and Cole

All the boys

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Thanks!!! I love that so much!!! I have pondered doing a blog for my family too. Very cute!!!

lover nut said...

I always look like a ghost next to you, babe...