Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Riverbend




The big news in the 'Nooga this week is the Riverbend Festival. I attended opening night with a friend and got passes to the "skybox." Now.....that is the way to experience Riverbend! You have seats in a second story pavilion overlooking the Coca-cola stage (main stage) with all you can eat snacks and drinks. The performers were Blake Shelton and Craig Morgan. It was great for all you country fans! I also went on Tuesday for faith and family night with Tessa to see Jars of Clay. While Tessa and I attended the event together when we were in high school, this was a much different experience. Instead of meeting "cute" guys, we were stopped by an event worker and asked if we were interested in becoming foster parents. Does that mean we are officially "old"?!? We spent the rest of the night trying to find people our age and evaluating how "old" they looked!! I guess in the end you are only as old as you act - Ha! Other performers include Steve Miller Band, Earth Wind and Fire, and Vince Gill. If you haven't had the Riverbend experience make plans to visit me next year in June.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Looks like it was so much fun! I need to call you about details. I would love to be there for Steve Miller Band. Chattanooga is such a great city! -And I am glad you posted. I have been waiting...

Ashley said...

That was hilarious...we are getting some old comments ourselves. Our friends called the other night at 8:30 to get snowcones but figured we were so old that we were already in bed!